Principles, Codes, and Pledges
- Exercise true craftsmanship and employ superior technologies to make every space as valuable as it can be.
- Show concern for the global environment and offer solutions to social challenges as a good corporate citizen.
- Value everyone we come in contact with in our business.
OBAYASHI CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Fulfill our social mission:
(1) Provide high-quality buildings, infrastructure and services: We earn the trust of customers by providing safe, secure, high-quality buildings, infrastructure and services, exercising true craftsmanship and employing innovative technologies
(2) Foster an environmentally responsible society: We foster a society that has a low carbon footprint, is committed to recycling, and has a deep respect for the natural world.
(3) Value everyone of our associates: We ensure the health and safety of all business partners and create a work environment where all of our associates can exercise their unique talents
(4) Earn trust from suppliers: We conduct fair transactions with suppliers and build strong relationships of trust that result in mutual growth.
(5) Build good relationships with communities: We respect the cultures and customs of each nation and region and build good relationships with communities as a good corporate citizen.
2. Ensure strict adherence to corporate ethics:
(1) Comply with laws and regulations and proper business conduct: We comply with laws and regulations and practice proper business conduct while striving to foster a strong awareness of ethics in each director and employee.
(2) Promote fair and free competition: We maintain and develop a sound market by promoting fair and free competition in accordance with antitrust laws and other relevant laws and regulations.
(3) Maintain appropriate relationships with stakeholders: We maintain appropriate relationships with all stakeholders, including politicians and government administrations, customers, shareholders, employees, business partners and communities.
(4) Avoid all contact with antisocial forces: We are resolute in avoiding any and all contact or transactions with antisocial forces such as organized crime groups that disrupt social order and public safety, making an exhaustive effort to avoid entering into any transaction.
(5) Ensure appropriate information disclosure and transparency of management: We ensure transparency of management and conduct appropriate and timely disclosure of corporate information to the public.
OBAYASHI THREE PLEDGES
Mr. Toru Shiraishi
President & CEO
Since the first establishment in 1974 by Obayashi Corporation of Japan and four major shareholders namely Bangkok Bank, Siam Commercial Bank, the Crown Property Bureau and Metro Group, Thai Obayashi has pledged to contribute substantially to the advancement of society and improvement of life quality for all. As its consequence, Thai Obayashi has been better to assimilate and harmonize with Thai society by the fact that they have put their hearts into finding the ideally balanced solutions ecologically and culturally.
Since its founding, Thai Obayashi, with our support, has been aiming to enrich society through their expertise in construction. As a pioneer in construction industry in Thailand, Thai Obayashi has built a widely respected name for itself through its long list of successful construction projects, including those for Thai, Japanese and Multinational Corporations.
Furthermore, Thai Obayashi has put as much energy and concentration on human resource development of their Thai personnel by providing essential trainings not only here in Thailand but also at Obayashi, Japan. Hence, together as an integrated unit, Thai Obayashi and Obayashi will synergize to strive for greater efficiency in working and achieving their goals as well as contribute greatly to our group's continued growth. As of today, Thai Obayashi can unquestionably be called as Thai Construction Company with many of top managerial and engineering positions held by locals. We, Obayashi Corporation, are very proud of our participation in Thai Obayashi's successes and pledge our continued and utmost support in all their endeavors.